Saturday, March 20, 2010

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE OF INDIA… DAY TWO (20th Mar 2010, 2200 Hrs)

BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE OF INDIA… DAY TWO (20th Mar 2010, 2200 Hrs)

All the money raised on the first day was duly deposited in the bank on the 19th morning. Having enquired about opening an exclusive account for the cause for my countrymen who wish to contribute can transfer it directly… I was advised by the Bank Executive that I need to register my non-profit making organization and only then they will help me with the new account. So I had to rush to BMC office near CST… I was courteously told by the police constables at the entrance that I will have to go in another office near Shivaji Market.

I was perhaps misled but by God’s grace met a wonderful gentleman (it slipped my mind to ask his good name), who guided me with great patience and interest after knowing the cause. He advised me about all the required documents that I will have to provide including the fee structure… meeting good people have become a norm and I am indeed lucky…

While I was running around various municipal offices, a fine gentleman Sukinder Bagai, a friend of Jaya Bhattacharya gave valuable contribution of Rs.1000/-. It is wonderful to see Indians uniting under one umbrella to support the cause with their valuable contribution and support. I also got calls from Dr. (Mrs) Anandita Malik and Dr. (Mr) Ravi Malik from Raipur with their sweet contribution of Rs.2000/-. So on day two, Rs.3000/- was raised from three beautiful people of our beautiful nation…

In the evening, I went to meet my hair stylist friend Prashant at Lokhandwala and his enthusiasm to support the cause touched my heart. He assured me all his help and soon within two weeks’ time, I will be keeping a donation box in his Salon and a big poster welcoming all his clients will be put on the door… Prashant wants to do a lot too, for the cause and has volunteered to help in any which way… We discussed various issues for hours and decided to meet again very soon…

One of my good friends Vishwanath Shetty (working for Zapak.com) called me after I had messaged him about the movement yesterday… I had lost contact with Vishu since the last one and a half years… so he called and blasted me first and then it seemed like yesterday. He assured me of his support and asked me to visit his office, so we could raise a substantial amount from all employees at Zapak…

Tired but content to see how responsible Indians are coming forward to support the cause… I am now all set to visit two farmers’ families in Alibaug to understand the ground realities of why families of farmers are getting extinct within two generations.

So till tomorrow… thank you one and all for all your love, beautiful smiles and selfless contribution…





No comments:

Post a Comment