Tuesday, March 16, 2010

VIDARBHA JAN ANDOLAN SAMITI HAS ASSURED OF THEIR HELP (16th Mar 2010, 2315 Hrs)

VIDARBHA JAN ANDOLAN SAMITI HAS ASSURED OF THEIR HELP (16th Mar 2010, 2315 Hrs)

Exactly a week ago, 10 farmers in Vidarbha region had committed suicide, which was reported by Kishore Tiwari of Vidarbha Jan Andolan Samiti - VJAS (see Times of India dated 11th March 2010) due to debt and distress. Each time, I read about farmers’ suicide my heart cries from within and I wonder as to why we all are allowing such a crime to happen on our face. It is this news that changed my life and on 12th March, every thing seemed clear to me.

I browsed VJAS site and called Kishore Tiwari, who is the President of the NGO. I then mailed him requesting him to provide me with all the families’ details (wives and children’s name, village addresses) so that I can visit them in person to understand all the reasons as to why they lost the men of their houses. In the morning I got his mail and he has promised all his support and will provide me addresses of those 10 affected families. In ten days time, I will be visiting these families and do what is required to regain their lives after what they have lost…

It is not an easy task to deal with death even when our parents or grand-parents or loved ones get old and not forgetting all those who are fond of pets… so imagine what a family faces when the head of the family choses to end his life because he sees no sign of life being better… how do these families live when such a drastic step is taken by the farmers? In the 80 odd days of 2010, already 147 farmers have committed suicide in Vidrabha Region, i.e. almost 2 farmers are commiting suicide every single day in this region… each time, I eat my food… I realize how precious it is becoming, which is tainted with blood of the farmers…Yes, it is sad the humans of the world! Are you listening?

The sooner I will get the addresses of all these farmers’ families I will be heading towards Vidarbha Region with whatever help will be in my disposal. Since yesterday, I have been busy mailing everyone about my movementrequesting them to come forward and the support have been so great! Humanity surely has shown its sign of existence with all the support I am getting from all over the world.

The two words 'Never Fear' from an old lady writer-poet Fellpony from UK has given me great courage to start my movement… come join me with your precious one rupee donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment